Monday, September 14, 2015

Faking It

I decided to add a little intro panel for no reason at all. Just accept it as gift from me! Or you can skip it, but then I'll be sad :'(
This is how 100% of our conversations go

NOW ONTO THE REAL STORY:

One thing I have found about college is that I am a lot weirder than most of the people here. This usually translates to me having to fake being normal by pretending to do all of the normal things that all of the normal people do.
(Hint: I'm not that good at it...)

PART ONE

I often find myself in a situation where I am waiting for class to start, and look around to find everyone texting other people (or maybe each other?)
Most people look this angry when they text

At that point, I usually whip out my phone just to conform to the norm. But I don't usually have anyone to text, so I just pretend to start texting.

I am a master at sarcastically texting

But little does everyone else know...

PART TWO

Being a relatively quiet person, I tend to spend a lot of time "studying" quietly in my room. I usually prefer to listen to music through headphones while I work.
I always pretend like I'm so cool and start bobbing my head and furrowing my eyebrows to make it seem like I'm listening to the most hip music in the world.
When in reality...
So embarrassed

PART THREE

I love to watch movies in my spare time. This usually means that I'm watching movies most of the time.
I still pretend like I'm studying

But sometimes, a really, really, really funny part happens in the movie.
And I need to laugh. But I don't want my roommate to figure out that I'm not actually studying. So I just hold it in...
But the pain becomes unbearable. I can't hold it in any longer...
And so I let it out as softly as I can...
But then my roommate looks over at me to see why I have broken the silence. And suddenly I am locked in a critical staring contest of epic proportions.
And that's when I improvise...

No comments:

Post a Comment