Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Coping With College Life (Part 2)

It's been a while since I've posted anything, so I thought I would take this opportunity to give you all an update on college. I wasn't really sure how to format this one, so I just threw together a bunch of different concepts.

Concept #1: Group Projects
I HATE group projects. I could go on forever about why I hate group projects, but why tell you when I can show you instead? One new thing that I had never experienced before is group papers. Just the idea of group papers doesn't even make any sense. What do the teachers even expect us to do?
These arms are way too long
I had another group activity where they made us go and "do something fun" with our group to get to know each other better and then take a picture to prove we had fun. The only thing I ended up learning is how much everyone in the group hates being in the group. The other kids decided to just stand in front of a building and "pretend" like we had a fun lunch together and take a picture of that. The picture probably looked something like this:
What if the true purpose of group projects is just for arm stretching?
And this is what we looked like five seconds later:
I like to imagine that the kid in the green shirt is actually just ascending up into the sky

Concept #2: Bathrooms
I can't believe I haven't talked about this yet. The worst part of college (and everyone knows it) is the bathrooms. But dealing with the bathroom itself is only one part of the struggle. My daily strife is multifaceted. There I'll be minding my own business.
Apologies for the partial nudity (*embarrassed*)
And then, out for nowhere, it happens...
He returns...
Mustang then begins to chant my name.
Not wearing enough clothes to allow for this much conversation
Incessantly.
That's when I realize that he won't even realize I'm gone once I leave.
And I find that hilarious.

Concept #3: Ordering Food
Sometimes when you order food, you have to give them your name so they can tell you when the food is ready. But at some point towards the beginning of the year, I found a fun little way to amuse myself. Every time they asked me for my name, I would say a different name every time.
They always can tell that you're lying somehow
Over time, this evolved into a new game. I started to challenge myself to use the name of the main character in the last movie I watched. Some of these ended up being incredibly amusing for myself.
But the biggest challenge was definitely when Halloween season came around.
I hope everyone had a great Halloween! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment